Waiting on Wednesday: The Last Star (The 5th Wave #3) by Rick Yancey


Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! Breaking the Spine has introduced me to this and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!




Synopsis: We're here, then we're gone, and that was true before they came. That's always been true. The Others didn't invent death; they just perfected it. Gave death a face to put back in our face, because they knew that was the only way to crush us. It won't end on any continent or ocean, no mountain or plain, jungle or desert. It will end where it began, where it had been from the beginning, on the battlefield of the last beating human heart. 

After finishing the first two books in this trilogy, I've been itching for the release of the FINAL book! We left off at a very intense and mind-boggling cliffhanger, so that obviously does not help my sanity. This trilogy features some of my favorite fictional characters of all time, so finally finding out what their fate will be is very stressful. Due to the post-apocalyptic theme, the characters have all hardened their outer shells (both physically and mentally) in order to maintain their composure, or to at least appear in control. With this, Cassie has become one of my favorite female leads because she is a so strong and is someone who should not be trifled with. 

I expect that this book will really explore the central theme of this story (trust), since the second book focused so much on filling us in on bits of information. This really leaves leeway for Rick Yancey to pull together an action-packed plot. I think the characters will really begin to figure out who they are and will develop stronger relationships between each other. 

The Last Star is expected to be released May 17, 2016!

I am super stoked for this release! What are you waiting on?





Where to preorder:



No comments :

Post a Comment