Waiting on Wednesday: The Rose Society by Marie Lu

Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! Breaking the Spine has introduced me to this and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!




Synopsis (taken from Goodreads): Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.

Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers that murdered her love, the Crown Prince Enzo Valenciano.


But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good, when her very existence depends on darkness?

After finishing The Young Elites, I have had quite the share of speculations as to what is to come in this sequel, but we won't talk about that right now. Let's start with the cover! I've seen some nasty comments on the cover and a lot of people questioning why it does not follow the pattern of the first book. However, I think it's awesome! After being dubbed the White Wolf, I think it's only fair that Adelina's identity is represented on the cover.

It was so much fun reading about Adelina in The Young Elites, that I cannot wait one moment longer to read about her character growth in The Rose Society. Since Adelina is a villain, I really hope to see her darkness grow. After what happened in the first book, the anger is definitely evident in her personality, but I want to see her learn to control all that rage. I can definitely see Adelina losing herself to the darkness and all the freedom she is being given, which will lead to an enormous surge of power within her. Hopefully this will lead to different relationships throughout the book, if not a completely different direction the plot may travel in.

Marie Lu has been one of my favorite authors ever since Legend was released, so watching her develop a main character that is not a hero has been an interesting journey. I'm excited to see how the epilogue of the first book will play a part in the plot of this one. Marie Lu has done an excellent job of developing this plot and I know this sequel will be just as phenomenal, if not more. Her writing style is one that keeps you guessing and gripping your legs in anticipation. Marie Lu has been able to keep characters interesting and intriguing, while being able to move the plot forward in a clean-cut manner. I absolutely cannot wait for this release!

The Rose Society releases October 13, 2015 

Marie Lu

Pre-order The Rose Society here
Amazon






No comments :

Post a Comment