Waiting on Wednesday: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard


Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! Breaking the Spine has introduced me to this and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!




Synopsis: Mare Barrow's blood is red - the color of common folk - but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control. The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but as she makes her escape from Maven, the prince - the friend - who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind. 

Pursued by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silver fighters to join in the struggle against her oppressors. But Mare finds herself on a deadly path, at risk of becoming exactly the kind of monster she is trying to defeat. 

Will she shatter under the weight of the lives that are the cost of rebellion? Or have treachery and betrayal hardened her forever?

Wooo, I just finished Red Queen literally ten hours ago, but I am already super excited for the sequel! After that crazy cliffhanger, I want to dive right into this book. Also, look at the cover. Look at the red and silver blood dripping from the crown - it gives me shivers. Plus, that little blurb on the cover? "Kneel or bleed" --- I cannot wait!

If you haven't read Red Queen yet, I recommend it one hundred and ten percent. It is a brilliant mixture of romance, drama, action, and better yet, magic. If you love a good dystopian/fantasy, this is definitely the book for you!

Glass Sword comes out February 9th, 2016!



Where to preorder:



1 comment :

  1. I've been wanting to read Red Queen for so long, it looks so good! I hope you like the second book too!

    ReplyDelete