Waiting on Wednesday: Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman


Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! Breaking the Spine has introduced me to this and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!


Synopsis: This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she'd have to do. 

This afternoon, her planet was invaded.

The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that's little more than an ice-covered speck at the edge of the universe. Too bad nobody thought to warn the people living on it. With enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra - who are barely even talking to each other - are forced to fight their way onto an evacuating fleet, with an enemy warship in hot pursuit. 

But their problems are just getting started. A deadly plague has broken out and is mutating, their terrifying results; the fleet's AI, which should be protecting them, may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what's really going on. As Kady hacks into a tangled web of data to find the truth, it's clear only one person can help her bright it all to light: the ex-boyfriend she swore she'd never speak to again.

My oh my, what a pleasing little synopsis that is! This has been one of my most anticipated reads of Fall 2015 for a while now, I just never got around to making a post about it. However, I am now here to remind you all of the epic, breathtaking, and mind-blowing novel that comes out so soon! After hearing so many good things about it, how could I not want this book as soon as it releases?

Illuminae is released October 20th, 2015! What are you waiting on?

25 comments :

  1. I am so excited for this as well! The format looks so different and I've heard great things!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/wednesday-catch-up-14th-september-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is making the rounds! A lot of people are waiting on it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is quite popular. Love the cover and blurb. It does seem pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in the one for the format but am not sure about the subject matter. I may grab it if my library gets it and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited for Illuminae! And...the release date s super close! EEP!

    Happy Reading,
    Wendy @ A Cupcake and a Latte

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read a blogger review and they went mental for this book. I added to my TBR right after reading the review! A heads up: apparently the e-format is a bit difficult to read at times, so the actual PAPER version might be the best bet!!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.M.G. This book is EVERYTHING AMAZING IN ONE BUNDLE. I'm so glad you're excited for it!!!! ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL ITS RELEASE!! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg yes! The wait for this one is almost over! Awesome pick!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pick! I'm also looking forward to reading this one.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is knew to me but it sounds good. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this book! Very thrilling, and while I was initially wary of the format, I ended up really liking it - hope you do too! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mark me down as another one waiting for this one! The future setting plus megacorporations and flight- I like it and it sound fast paced.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup! I am waiting on this one right along with you - even though I technically have a copy since May. They were giving them away at BEA. Like. This book was EVERYWHERE. I remember worrying that the book would never live up to the mad hype...until the glowing reviews started flowing in. I'm thinking that it's going to deliver for us too ;) I can't wait to compare notes on it once we both read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read an ARC of this during the summer and yep, I can confirm that it definitely is worth the wait! The format of it IS AWESOME and I definitely need a physical copy of it since I feel my eARC did not do the design justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about the e-version being very strange, so I definitely want a physical copy! :D

      Delete
  15. Great pick! I am going to check this out. I keep running across it.

    Renee ~ My Wow Post

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see this book like everywhere, and I admit this sounds incredibly good! I definitely have to put this on my radar! :) Thanks for sharing!

    New GFC Follower :)
    Donita @ My Random Book thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well you know I'm excited about this one too ;) Hopefully you haven't hyped yourself up too much for it! Definitely can't wait to get into this one, whenever that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am really excited about this one. I haven't read anything by Jay Kristoff but I love Amie Kaufman's Starbound series. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read that, but it's on my shelf! I hope to get to that in the following weeks :)

      Delete
  19. Thanks for sharing! This doesn't sound like my cup of tea but I really hope you enjoy reading it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. The premise for this one is so original and I truly love that cover!

    ReplyDelete