Waiting on Wednesday: Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2) by Cassandra Clare


Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! Breaking the Spine has introduced me to this and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!

Lord of Shadows

Synopsis: Los Angeles, 2012. It’s been five years since the events of the Mortal Instruments when Nephilim stood poised on the brink of oblivion and Shadowhunter Emma Carstairs lost her parents. After the blood and violence she witnessed as a child, Emma has dedicated her life to the eradication of demons and being the best, fastest and deadliest Shadowhunter since Jace Lightwood. 

Raised in the Los Angeles Institute, Emma is paired as a parabatai with her best friend, Julian. As Emma hunts those who caused the death of her parents, the trail they’re following leads back to those they’ve always been taught to trust. At the same time, Emma is falling in love with Julian — her closest friend and, because he is her parabatai, the one person in the world she’s absolutely forbidden by Shadowhunter Law to love. 

Set against the glittering backdrop of present-day Los Angeles, Emma must learn to trust her head and her heart as she investigates a demonic plot that stretches from the warlock-run nightclubs of the Sunset Strip to the enchanted sea that pounds the beaches of Santa Monica.

After taking my sweet time finishing Lady Midnight, I can tell all of you right now that that book tore me open and stitched me back together, just to repeat the process all over again. Lady Midnight was a brilliant first novel to a trilogy. The writing was so sophisticated and just straight up beautiful. Everything about this book was breathtaking and definitely worth the torturous two year wait between City of Heavenly Fire and now. I'm honestly so speechless and so in awe of the way this story unfolded, that I need Lord of Shadows - right now. The last chapter of Lady Midnight ripped me to shreds - I cannot believe she ended it like that - and I need Lord of Shadows to put me back together again.

Lord of Shadows is slated to be released April, 2017, and I'm praying it stays that way! (I can't wait more than a year for the sequel, I really can't)

2 comments :

  1. AHH I DIDN'T KNOW THE SECOND BOOK IS GOING TO BE CALLED LORD OF SHADOWS OMGOMGOMG IM SO EXCITED! :D
    I've got Lady Midnight sitting on my shelf...I CAN'T WAIT TO START IT!! Just gotta wait for mid-semester break though...-sighs-
    SO HAPPY YOU ENJOYED IT, and thought that it was a brilliant start for a new series! :D
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still have to read city of lost souls, but i already ordered lady midnight and i'm (im)patiently waiting for it! so happy you loved it! :D
    Maha @ Younicorn Reads

    ReplyDelete