Top Ten Bookworm Delights




I've been watching this meme float around a lot, so I've finally decided to join in the fun! This meme was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there is a new list that involves all things books!

top ten bookworm delights 
  1. The new book sound: that crackling sound the spine and cover make when a new book is opened for the first time. sounds like heaven. 
  2. Picking up a new book: the excitement, the anticipation, the "oh my gosh I can't believe I finally got it" feeling - all of it is so worth it when you have that new beauty in your hands.
  3. Discovering a new favorite author: the feeling you get when you finish a book and realize that you are prepared to empty your wallet at that particular author's feet. 


  4. Realizing that the book you're reading is part of a series: I don't know about you, but I love series more than standalones, so when I find a great first installment in a series, I can't wait to invest all of my time in the rest of the books.
  5. Reading out loud: I don't usually read out loud, but when my parents leave the house, believe me, I read out the book like I'm in a play. I feel like I have a much more fun time reading out loud, than in my head.
  6. When you recommend a book to someone and they read it (and love it): it makes me immensely proud when I recommend a book to someone and they go crazy over it. it's even more fun when they constantly update me on their progress and we just talk for hours over the book.
  7. Finally getting to sit down and read: after a long day at school, then dance rehearsals, then softball practice, all I really wanna do is come home and read. so when I get to lay in bed with a cup of hot chocolate, a good book, and the time to read, I treasure it.
  8. End pages, maps, spines, etc: if the overall construction of the book is one of pure beauty, I will be delighted. when the color of the book naked is any color but black, I am in love. when the end pages have designs, or when the cover has something carved into it, I am so in love.
  9. Epilogues: some books don't have epilogues and that's ok, but for the ones that do ... thank you. sometimes when I finish book and I realize there is literally nothing else, I get immensely sad and my mind continues to reel. however when there is an epilogue, I have a bit of a better closure. plus, the epilogue gives you a peek at what's to come later in the series!
  10. Staying up late to finish a book: when I stay up past midnight to read, you know the book is getting good. I love when a book keeps me up and gets my heart racing at two in the morning, because then you know that book is something special. 

No comments :

Post a Comment