A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR #2) by Sarah J. Maas


5/5 Stars
Published by Bloomsbury 
Published May 3rd, 2016

Synopsis:  Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

If you're looking for the definition of steamy, you have found it, my dear friends. While I thought Sarah J. Maas outdid herself when she published Heir of Fire/Queen of Shadows, she really, and I mean really, outdid herself with A Court of Mist and Fury. This has to be the best book she has ever written. It has taken me a month to finally gather my thoughts and reread pretty much every single bit over and over until I've memorized it, but I am now ready to express to all of you: my feelings.

As we all know, Sarah J. Maas is especially good at world building and developing these far off lands of fiction and tale, and along with that, the lady knows how to write. Whenever I read her books, I'm always drawn in by her writing style. I love her precision and attention to detail, and the way her descriptions evoke feelings, the setting, and her characters. In A Court of Mist and Fury we get to venture further into this world -into the neighboring courts- and discover unknown secrets; unraveling the mysteries of the Night Court ourselves. There is a ton of adventure that comes along with expanding our knowledge on the neighboring lands, which was a lot of fun to read about. I love that we really got to learn about fae relations with the human world in this book, adding a deeper political aspect that I really enjoyed. 

The characters in this book were so amazing. I can't say anything other than that I love the Night Court. Everyone involved in this book was beautiful, charismatic, wonderfully crafted, and just fantastic. The character development between ACOTAR and ACOMAF was great. More relationships were created, older ones were expanded upon, and some even fell to the ashes, but in all I love the character development !!! Feyre is one badass who turned out to be strong and independent despite the events of the last book. Though it was difficult for her to overcome the circumstances, she was really able to make it through and determine her future for herself. Also, I love Rhysand and Cassian and Azriel. They're dynamic as a team (along with Mor and Amren), and are extremely fun to read about. 

Since every event to ever happen in A Court of Mist and Fury is basically spoilery, I'm keeping this review short. I really think if you were iffy about ACOTAR, which I know a few of you are, I say you should continue on with this series. ACOMAF may really change your mind about the direction this story is taking. I loved it, a bunch of people around the world loved it, I think you'll be crazy about this series if you continue on. Now if you'd excuse me, I gotta reread it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment